Today, after loading up a publish script and running it, I got a strange error:
'*** @echo' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. It then continued to run each line individually, throwing errors on basically every line.
After playing around with creating a brand new empty file, and getting the same error – I realized the problem. The encoding was set to UTF-8, which the Windows command line failing on.
To fix it, just set your encoding to ANSI. Here is a screenshot of how to do that with Notepad++:
And now, everything works wonderfully and I can get back to work: